DSEL is looking for bright and motivated individuals that are eager to work at DSEL in the role of Intermediate Designer.
As an intermediate designer, you will be an integral member of the detailed design department. You will work alongside, and report to an experienced senior designer in a compact team consisting of other intermediates and junior designers. You will be expected to have in-depth knowledge in multiple areas of subdivision design including sewers, watermains, grading, and stormwater management. You will be highly skilled in the use of AutoCAD and capable of learning DSEL in-house SMARTSUBDIVISION software. You will also play an important role in mentoring and supervising junior designers and helping them develop and move forward in their careers at DSEL.
What You’ll Do
- Alongside a senior engineer you’ll complete both preliminary engineering designs and detailed design for large scale residential subdivisions.
- You’ll design storm and sanitary sewers, road and lot grading, and stormwater management ponds in compliance with municipal and industry guidelines.
- You’ll prepare and review AutoCAD Civil 3D models to determine earthworks strategies and calculate volumes of cut and fill.
- You’ll prepare and review hydraulic calculations relating to sewer capacities, open channels, and culverts
- You’ll co-ordinate & manage project timelines with internal team members and other departments in DSEL
- You’ll assign tasks, direct and review work from Junior Designers in your team.
What We’re Looking For
- Professional Engineer or an E.I.T eligible for licence with an undergraduate degree in civil engineering, or a related engineering undergraduate program
- Minimum of two years experience in the land development industry
- You have an excellent understanding of AutoCAD
- Strong working knowledge of engineering guidelines and practices for various elements of design including stormwater management, sewer design and road/lot grading.
- Strong communication skills and ability to supervise and mentor new graduates and junior designers.
- You’re highly motivated, and ambitious to continue career development.
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.