DSEL is looking for bright and motivated individuals that are eager to work at DSEL in the role of Junior Site Inspector. You’ll be joining the Contract Administration Department, a skilled group of dedicated engineers and technicians that work closely with Developers, Contractors, Municipalities, Conservation Authorities and other Consultants in the office and field to complete projects efficiently and on schedule.
As a Junior Site Inspector, you will be a key member of the contract administration team. The Junior Site Inspector is responsible for all day-to-day on-site activities and maintaining detailed records of the construction activities. You will review the contractor and their works to ensure that the works are being constructed in general conformance with the approved design.
In addition, the site inspector must keep the Project Manager (PM) and Project Coordinator (PC) up to date on all activities and highlight any items that could have a cost or schedule implication.
What You'll Do
- The majority of your time will be in the field as the site contact with contractor, client, municipality, approval agencies
- You’ll inspect, measure, document, provide field direction
- You’ll co-ordinate with DSEL’s Client PM, Manager of Construction Services and other members of DSEL’s project team as needed
- You’ll co-ordinate with other site professionals (geotechnical, surveyors, environmental, structural, fluvial, etc.)
- You’ll prepare and submit all DSEL field reports to PM
- You’ll monitor the day-to-day project schedules
- You’ll organize construction meetings including preparation of the agenda and minutes
- You’ll assist the PM with applications for client security reductions
- You’ll review payment requests from the Contractor
- You’ll prepare the as-built drawings of the works completed under your inspection
- You’ll co-ordinate the municipal assumption of projects
- You’ll prepare quantity takeoffs of the engineering drawings and assist with the tender preparation for the Owners
- You’ll assist with preparation cost estimates
What We're Looking For
- You have an undergraduate degree in engineering, civil engineering college diploma or have a minimum of 5 years of related field experience in residential construction and inspection.
- You have a valid Class G driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- You can communicate your ideas clearly in a technical and non-technical manner, both written and verbally.
- You have above-average word and excel knowledge and ability
- You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in groups
- You’re highly motivated, organized and work well independently
- You’re someone who is proactive, takes initiative and enjoys analyzing and solving problems
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.