DSEL is looking for bright and motivated individuals that are eager to work in an exciting and fast paced environment in the role of Project Coordinator at our office in Ottawa. This position is for individuals that have worked in the construction industry and are looking for an opportunity at a more managerial role. You’ll be joining the Contract Administration team, a skilled group of dedicated engineers and technicians that work closely with Developers, Contractors, Municipalities, Conservation Authorities and other Consultants in the office and field to complete projects efficiently and on schedule.
As Project Coordinator you will be a key member of the Contract Administration team. The Project Coordinator will assist the Project Manager (PM) for all day-to-day activities related to projects and to oversee the Site Inspectors and their works, but their main responsibility will be to coordinate the top works, top asphalt, start of maintenance and assumption for all projects. You will assist the Project Manager (PM) for all day-to-day activities related to projects and to oversee the Site Inspectors and their works, but your main responsibility will be to coordinate the top works, top asphalt, start of maintenance and assumption for all projects.
What You’ll Do
- Approximately half of your time will be in the field assisting site inspectors and meeting with contractors, clients, municipalities, approval agencies etc.
- You’ll assist DSEL’s PM with coordination of the site inspectors, and review quality of all DSEL field reports from inspectors regarding topworks, start of maintenance and assumption
- You’ll assist the PM with training Junior Inspectors
- You’ll co-ordinate with other site professionals (geotechnical, surveyors, environmental, structural, fluvial, etc.)
- You’ll monitor conformance with project schedules
- You’ll organize construction meetings including preparation of the agenda and minutes
- You’ll prepare preliminary estimates, tenders, cost sharing claims, grading reports, sediment and erosion control reports and SWM pond operation and maintenance manuals.
- You’ll monitor client security reductions and contract progress reports
- You’ll supervise all lot grading inspections & certifications
- You’ll oversee earthworks quantity verification and municipal as-constructed drawings and information.
- You’ll assist the Client PMs with monthly invoicing summaries
- You’ll be responsible to recognize and advise the Client PMs of any potential extra work that should be monitored and invoiced.
- You’ll be responsible for review of the client’s goals and the timely acceptance by the municipalities for start of maintenance and final assumption.
What We’re Looking For
- You have a minimum of 3 years of related field experience in residential construction and inspection.
- Licensed professional civil engineer or within a year of obtaining, or you have your PMP certification
- You have a valid Class G driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle
- You can communicate your ideas clearly in a technical and non-technical manner, both written and verbally.
- You have above average word and excel knowledge and ability
- You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in groups
- You’re highly motivated, organized and work well independently
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.