DSEL is looking for motivated individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, and extensive land development background to work at DSEL in the role of senior designer.
As a senior designer, you will be a leader of the detailed design department. You will work with, and direct the work of intermediate and junior designers in a compact team of four to five individuals, and you will report to the department manager. You will be expected to have expert knowledge in all areas of subdivision design, and a strong understanding of the related disciplines that can affect subdivision design. You will play a key role in helping identify and develop new design processes, and in-house SMARTSUBDIVISION software to streamline and revolutionize subdivision design. You will also play an integral role in mentoring and supervising intermediate designers and helping them develop and move forward in their careers at DSEL.
What You’ll Do
- You will develop overall strategies to service and grade large-scale residential subdivisions at both preliminary and detailed design stages.
- You will manage independent design team, direct and organize work for intermediates and junior designers
- You’ll review and stamp final engineering drawings to be issued for municipal review, approval and construction.
- You’ll manage workload, staffing and schedules for multiple projects at various stages of design and approval.
- You’ll train and provide guidance for intermediate members of a design team.
- You’ll help identify new software opportunities and work alongside engineering development team that will expediate and streamline design process for residential subdivisions
What We’re Looking For
- Professional Engineer with a minimum of five years experience in the land development industry.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with proven ability to project manage workload and team members.
- Expert knowledge of engineering guidelines and practices for all elements of design and strong understanding for other disciplines that can affect subdivision design such as geotechnical, structural and transportation.
- Extensive experience working with local municipalities and government agencies.
- You’re highly motivated, and ambitious to help develop new ideas to improve design process and DSEL inhouse software.
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.