Junior Project Manager
DSEL is looking for bright and motivated individuals that are eager to work at DSEL in the role of Junior Project Manager at our office in Markham.
You will be joining the Project Administration department, a skilled group of dedicated engineers that manage the land development engineering design and approval process, coordinate with other project professionals, and maintain and improve client relationships.
As a Junior Project Manager, you will be responsible to support all project management activities through the initiation, design and approval stages of land development projects – including initial engineering investigations, collection of engineering constraints, coordination with project designers, preparation of engineering reports, navigation through the design and approvals process, and design handover to our Construction Administration team. You will also be assisting with both the development and strengthening of client relationships.
What You’ll Do
- You will assist with the management of project scope, fee, and deliverables.
- You will monitor and manage project schedules.
- You will assist in the development of project design and approval strategies.
- You will coordinate with designers, sub-consultants, clients, approval agencies, and other project professionals.
- You will gather, compile and review project-specific design information and constraints, and communicate information to designers.
- You will collect, manage and respond to approval agency comments.
- You will be required to attend project meetings, as required.
- You will prepare design reports and permit application packages.
- You will expedite circulation and submission of time-sensitive information and deliverables.
- You will provide mentorship, leadership and direction to Project Coordinators.
- You will prepare construction handover packages, and provide support to Construction Administration throughout the construction process.
- You will assist with the preparation of proposals and monthly invoicing.
What We’re Looking For
- You are a graduate civil engineer or licensed professional engineer specializing in project management, with knowledge of land development design and approvals processes.
- You are experienced and knowledgeable in the design of sewers, stormwater management, watermains, roads, lot grading and earthworks.
- You have a valid Class G driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle.
- You possess strong customer service skills and strong organizational skills.
- You are familiar with regional design standards and approval criteria.
- You are self-motivated, independent and entrepreneurial.
- You possess strong leadership qualities.
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.