DSEL is looking for bright and motivated individuals that are eager to work at DSEL in the role of Project Coordinator at our office in Ottawa. You will be joining the Project Administration department, a skilled group of dedicated engineers that manage the land development engineering design and approval process, coordinate with other project professionals, and maintain and improve client relationships.
As Project Coordinator, you will be an instrumental member of the Project Administration team, providing support to the Project Manager and Program Manager. The Project Coordinator is responsible for all day-to-day coordination activities related to land development design (civil) – including initial engineering investigations, collection of engineering design constraints, coordination with project designers, preparation of engineering reports, navigation through the design, and approvals process, and design handover for construction.
What You’ll Do
- The majority of your time will be in the office supporting the Project Manager and Program Manager, and communicating with external project professionals.
- You will prepare written communications, such as emails, mark-ups or sketches to aid in coordinating the subdivision design with external project professionals.
- You will gather, compile and review project specific design information and constraints.
- You will co-ordinate with DSEL’s internal staff in the Design Department and Contract Administration department, as necessary to complete project coordination tasks.
- You will assist with preparation of design reports and permit application packages.
- You will collect and manage approval agency comments and responses, including coordination of contributions from others.
- You will expedite circulation and submission of time sensitive information and deliverables.
- You will independently monitor your assigned tasks, and provide regular updates until the task is completed.
- You will assist the with the preparation of construction handover packages.
What We’re Looking For
- You have an undergraduate degree in civil engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- You have a valid Class G driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle.
- You are an individual that is passionate about land development, and seeking a career in land development
- You can communicate your ideas clearly in a technical and non-technical manner, both written and verbally.
- You have above average knowledge and ability in Word and Excel.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in groups.
- You are highly motivated, organized and work well independently.
- You are a problem solver.
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.