DSEL is looking for experienced and driven individuals that have worked in the construction industry and are looking for an opportunity to lead a team at DSEL in the role of Project Manager for the Contract Administration Department at our office located in Ottawa. You’ll be joining the Contract Administration team, a skilled group of dedicated engineers and technicians that work closely with Developers, Contractors, Municipalities, Conservation Authorities and other Consultants in the office and field to complete projects efficiently and on schedule.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing projects in construction as a member of our Contract Administration (CA) team of Project Coordinators, Managers and Site Inspectors. You will be the lead contact with the client, municipality, approval agencies and contractors for the earthworks, servicing and road construction programs.
What You’ll Do
- As CA Project Manager you will lead the handover process from our design team and manage all aspects of our projects through construction from preparing a tender to final assumption by the municipality.
- You’ll be the lead contact with client, municipality, approval agencies, contractors
- You’ll be responsible to supervise, motivate, train, develop and mentor you CA team
- You’ll co-ordinate with other professionals (geotechnical, surveyors, environmental, structural, fluvial, etc.)
- You’ll be responsible to review reports relating to your projects by other consultants, including geotechnical reports, hydrogeological reports, environmental reports, etc.
- You’ll be responsible for review and maintain the client’s goals and ensure the timely release of building permit clearance and approval for start of maintenance and final assumption by the municipalities.
- You’ll be responsible to coordinate the owners tendering requirements and ensure that all projects have signed contracts
- You’ll review and approve all preliminary cost estimates, cost sharing claims, grading reports, sediment and erosion control reports and SWM pond operation and maintenance manuals prior to submission.
- You’ll be responsible to ensure client security reductions and contract progress reports are issued in a timely manor
- You’ll review all earthworks strategies with the client, ensure implementation by the contractor and final verification of quantities for payment.
- You’ll be responsible to review and approve all as-constructed drawings, design sheets and information prior to submission to the municipality or owner.
- You’ll be responsible for monitoring project budgets and providing monthly invoicing summaries
What We’re Looking For
- You have a minimum of 5 years of related field experience in residential construction and inspection.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management
- You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy managing and leading teams
- You are an expert in estimating, tendering, contract administration, grading approval and review, payment certification, construction law and cost sharing
- You are an expert in earthworks, servicing and road construction
- Licensed professional civil engineer
- You have a valid Class G driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle
- You have excellent word and excel knowledge and ability
- You have strong project management skills and can prioritize and manage competing tasks
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.