- GTA (Head Office): 905-475-3080
- Ottawa: 613-836-0856
Job ID #G-PA01 Greater Toronto Area
DSEL is looking for bright and motivated individuals that are eager to work at DSEL in the role of Project Manager at our office in Markham. You will be joining the Project Administration department, a skilled group of dedicated engineers that manage the land development engineering design and approval process, coordinate with other project professionals, and maintain and improve client relationships.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for all project management responsibilities through the project procurement, initiation, design and approval stages of land development projects – including fee proposal preparation, initial engineering investigations, collection of engineering constraints, coordination with project designers, preparation of engineering reports, navigation through the design and approvals process, and design handover to our Construction Administration team. You will supervise and mentor the Junior Project Managers and Project Coordinators to fulfil their key responsibilities and accountabilities. You will also be responsible for the development and strengthening of client relationships.
What You’ll Do
- You will develop and manage project scope, fee and deliverable commitments to the client, and manage project financials, in coordination with the Program Manager.
- You will monitor and manage the project schedule.
- You will provide mentorship, leadership and direction to Junior Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- You will assist in the development of project design and approval strategies.
- You will gather, compile and review project specific design information and constraints, and communicate information to designers.
- You will prepare and manage project constraints plans.
- You will coordinate with designers, sub consultants, clients, approval agencies and other project professionals.
- You will attend project meetings, as required.
- You will prepare design reports and permit application packages.
- You will be responsible for collecting, managing and responding to approval agency comments, including the coordination of contributions from others.
- You will prepare the construction handover package and provide support to Construction Administration throughout the construction process.
What We’re Looking For
- You have a minimum of four years land development project coordination, project management and/or design experience.
- You are a licensed Professional Engineer, Civil or similar discipline
- You have a valid Class G driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle.
- You are experienced and knowledgeable in the design of sewers, stormwater management, watermains, roads, lot grading and earthworks.
- You are familiar with regional design standards and approval criteria.
- You are self-motivated, independent and entrepreneurial.
- You understand the strategy of land development design and approvals
- You possess strong leadership qualities.
- You have knowledge of common construction practices, costs and scheduling.
- You possess strong customer service skills and organizational skills
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.