David Schaeffer Engineering Limited is looking for bright and motivated individuals that are eager to work at DSEL in the role of Junior Site Inspector. You’ll be joining the Contract Administration department, a skilled group of dedicated engineers and technicians that work closely with Developers, Contractors, Municipalities, Conservation Authorities and other Consultants in the office and field to complete projects efficiently and on schedule.
As a CAD Technician, you will be a key member of the Contract Administration team. The CAD Technician is responsible for all of the AutoCAD works in CA including erosion and sediment control drawings, as-constructed drawings, earthwork calculations and assistance with house siting review.
What You’ll Do
- The majority of your time will be working with AutoCAD and coordinating with our site inspectors, project coordinators (PC) and project managers (PM)
- Draft sediment and erosion control drawings and construction staging drawings
- Prepare as-constructed drawings and update design sheets based on information provided by the site inspector and contractor for submission to the municipalities and conservation authorities.
- Prepare figures for grading memos and other reports
- Complete earthwork quantity verifications for contractor payment requests for topsoil, cut/fill and other quantities
- complete the preliminary review of house sittings for conformance with the approved engineering drawings.
- Measure quantities in AutoCAD for tenders and payment requests
What We’re Looking For
- A certified engineering technician
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience
- Strong AutoCAD ability and experience with Civil 3D and MicroStation
- Above average word and excel knowledge and ability
- Somebody who is highly motivated, organized and work well independently
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.