DSEL is looking for bright individuals to design, implement and test software applications in the field of subdivision design at our office in Markham. You’ll be joining the Automation Department, a small team of software engineers in DSEL that work closely with the company’s many experienced civil engineers to push the limits of subdivision design.
Our applications are built using C#, .NET framework, and AutoCAD’s ObjectARX API. Experience with these technologies is a plus, but an understanding of object-oriented programming is sufficient to get started.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll design and implement features using C#, .NET and AutoCAD
- You’ll participate in all stages of the software development life cycle
- You’ll take ownership of a significant part of the codebase
- You’ll continuously improve the application framework
- You’ll work closely with civil engineers to brainstorm ideas and solve problems
- You’ll support the civil engineering teams in a production setting
What We’re Looking For
- You have an undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- You have a strong grasp of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms
- You can communicate your ideas clearly in a technical and non-technical manner
- You’re accustomed to coding on a regular basis
- You enjoy solving and analyzing problems
- You’re highly motivated, organized, and work well independently
What You Can Expect From DSEL
- A supportive place to work
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Dental / Medical
- Wellness spending account
- Company events
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel and expense account for on-site activities
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to grow based on merit not years of service
- Annual career review
DSEL is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, age, conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by law. Employment related decisions, including those relating to recruitment, hiring, termination, remuneration, benefits, promotion, training and personal development shall be free from discrimination on any prohibited ground.
DSEL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. DSEL ensures that every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment, and receives accommodation where required, in accordance with the provisions of the Human Rights Code and the AODA and its Regulations.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume below.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.